Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-sitters Club #1) by Ann M. Martin

Hello Netizens, 
The Baby-sitters Club was never part of my childhood, I didn't grow up reading it. However, I was curious to why was it loved by many, hence, why I decided to give it a shot. If you don't know, The baby-sitters Club is about a group of friends who come together to create a babysitting "business". There are four girls in the book, Kristy, Mary Anne, Claudia and Stacey. Each girls has strikingly different personality  and it creates for an interesting dynamic among them. 


I thought this book would only be about babysitting, but it is not. Kristy's parents are divorced and she trying to come to terms with her mother's new boyfriend. The girls' friendship was going through a rough time, because Claudia's interests were diverging from Kristy's and Mary Anne's. Stacey is acting a bit weird, but in the end the girls find out why. 

I love how all the different topics were handled in the book, and I am actually impressed. I did not expect to actually like this book. The writing style is simple, but just because it is simple it doesn't mean that Kristy's personality doesn't shine through it. I am looking forward to see how Netflix are going to adapt this book series, and it would be so fun to see these girls to come to life. 

I would recommend this book for middle-school children, but if you are an adult, you can read it too and you will have as much fun at doing so.

(3.5/5) stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review || Frida Kahlo: A Spiritual Biography by Jack Rummel

Book Review || Behind the Scenes: Avant-Garde Techniques of Contemporary Design

Book Review || The A.B.C Murders by Agatha Christie