Book Review || The A.B.C Murders by Agatha Christie

Image result for the abc murders banner


Hello Netizens, 

Recently I have read the A.B.C Murders by Agatha Christie, as a way for me to see if Agatha's book are my cup of tea. I have read previously 'Murder on the Orient Express' and I wasn't pleased at all with the ending. 

Let me first introduce you to the book.


The A.B.C. Murders
Title: The A.B.C. Murders 
Author: Agatha Christie
Genre: Crime/Mystery
Synopsis: When Alice Ascher is murdered in Andover, Hercule Poirot is already on to the clues. Alphabetically speaking, it's one down, twenty-five to go.

Rating: (4/5) Stars

Review: 
This book is a crime mystery about a serial killer, that murders their victims alphabetically.

The story is told from the perspective of Hasting, however, sometimes it would switch to an unknown narrator. I was a little confused at the beginning with narrative, because it didn't follow the same narrative style in 'Muder on the Orient Express.' The characters in this story are well fleshed, considering that we don't spend much time with every one of them.

As always, I loved Poirot (and his quarrels with Hasting). Hasting and Poirot think differently, and it is great that we get to see things from two different lenses. It balances how the reader perceives the crime and provide for a wider narrative.

The book has a theme on growing "old". Hasting is loosing hair, Poirot has retired...etcetera. However, it is only prominent at the beginning of the novel, and I personally would have loved if it was a growing arc.

I am satisfied with the ending, hahaha. Unlike 'Murder On The Orient Express,' where I really hated the ending.


I recommend you to read "The A.B.C Murders," if you haven't read it yet. It is a fun short read with a nice twist.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review || Frida Kahlo: A Spiritual Biography by Jack Rummel

Book Review || Behind the Scenes: Avant-Garde Techniques of Contemporary Design