Book Review || Murder Makes Waves by Anne George

Hello Beautiful People 

Today, I finished reading I novel I have been reading for a while, but unable to finish due to University. Now that I've finished, let me share my opinions on it. 

The novel I have finished reading is Murder Makes Waves by Anne George; it is the fourth book in the Southern Sisters series. The genre is cozy mystery. 

I have tried to pitch this book to a friend of mine who enjoys reading crime/mysteries too, however, the fact that the characters are in their sixties and on a vacations seemed too obscure. The plot attracted me, and I was in the mood for a crime novel but without the dark and heavy atmosphere. I wanted something light and mysterious at the same time.

This book is basically that. 'Murder Makes Waves' is about two sisters who go on vacation and then a friend of theirs gets killed. I enjoyed the many aspects the author involves in her story, and it makes the book more enjoyable.

I enjoyed the mystery, but after 200 pages I was done with it. I just wanted to know who the criminal is. The book felt a bit slow for my preference, but everything that happens in the book is there to move the plot forward and build the characters up, so I am not very bothered by it.

The characters are great. They are fun to read about and they have very distinct personalities, I could clearly picture them. I didn't have any difficulties sympathising with them, and I enjoyed the sarcasm thrown around constantly. The relationship between the sisters is accurately depicted, and I can see myself and my sisters in their shoes.

The writing style is not special. It is simple and straight to the point. The conversations are well written, and I enjoyed them the most.

The ending is explosive -wink- it is great for a cozy mystery. Not too over the top, and not a let down.

I am giving this book three stars, because it is great but that is it.

That is the end of my review. Thank you for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review || Frida Kahlo: A Spiritual Biography by Jack Rummel

Book Review || Behind the Scenes: Avant-Garde Techniques of Contemporary Design

Book Review || The A.B.C Murders by Agatha Christie